SimShirt® is a wearable simulator and works together with the SimScope® training stethoscope. With RFID sensor tags woven precisely into the fabric of the SimShirt®, students will auscultate at anatomically-correct locations every time, anteriorly and posteriorly. A pre-selected sound will play as soon as the SimScope® stethoscope’s chest piece is navigated onto one of anatomically correct locations on the garment.
The SimShirt® System from Cardionics enables student-to-patient interaction in clinical skill training and is a critical tool for a realistic and engaging medical education. The SimShirt® is worn by Standardized Patients so that students can auscultate and diagnose the patient independently, without instructors having to give away physiological sounds. The result is increased confidence in their skills and bedside manners.
The SimShirt® System is delivered with a compact laptop with the SimScope® software already installed. When accessing the software, educators can pick any sound from the large Cardionics auscultation library, enabling their students to actively engage in patient auscultation practice and hands-on training. With the wireless SimScope® training stethoscope, instructors will be able to instantly alter the sounds needed for their scenario directly from the laptop. If a student initiates an intervention that requires a fast change in condition, the built-in WiFi connectivity allows parameters to be altered on-the-fly.
SimShirt® is also delivered with seven sets of 15 RFID tag sensor patches to further expand the teaching experience. Patches can be placed on anatomically correct locations on either manikins or Standardized Patients. Each patch has a label indicating its dedicated anatomical location, to make sure the sounds are always heard from the correct location.
Auscultation training with the SimShirt® Simulation System features:
- Comprehensive auscultation library consisting of 15 heart, 10 lung, 6 bowel sounds and 1 bruit sound
- Includes Covid-19 auscultation lung sound
- Allows the sounds to be quickly changed on-the-fly through the independent Wi-Fi network
- Users can create scenarios to fit specific programs
- Up to 5 SimScope® auscultation training stethoscopes can be connected to one SimShirt® System and operated from one controller laptop
- Delivered with a compact laptop with pre-installed software
- Seven sets of 15 RFID tag patches included with the System as well as available separately (317-3400)
- Quick-change battery of the SimScope® stethoscope provides up to 4 hours of battery life
- Unlimited technical support
SimShirt® can be used in healthcare simulation training for auscultation on Standardized Patients as well as patient simulators, or for use in conjunction with Objective Structured Clinical Examination training (OSCE) or any other examination standard.
SimShirt® System is recommended for:
- Easy one-on-one teacher and student training
- Improving group interaction by utilizing seven sets of patches which can be placed on several Standardized Patients or manikins
- Engaging a larger group of students by expanding the training with numerous additional SimScopes®
- Utilizing the System for teaching and training of both beginners and advanced classes
- Creating customized scenarios with a large variety of physiological and pathological conditions
- One SimShirt® garment, washable (30°C) and available in several sizes
- SimScope® Electronic Auscultation Training Stethoscope
- Laptop with pre-installed SimScope® software
- Seven sets of RFID tag sensor patches
- Carrying case
- USB cable
- User Manual
The purchase of SimShirt® includes a complimentary 1-year SAM Online® license. SAM Online® is an interactive online auscultation training platform that gives students and instructors access to an extensive simulated sounds library, lesson guides for over 60 conditions and tools to chart the learning progress. The comprehensive sound library and the instructor aid make SAM Online® suitable for every level of auscultation training.
|Dimensions||12 × 8 × 8 in|
L, M, XL, XXL